Congratulations on your engagement! Hiring a Wedding DJ is just one of a million decisions you have to make while planning your wedding. We want to make it as easy as we can for you.
Hiring your Wedding DJ in Phoenix is an important decision – one that will be noticed by your wedding guests. They probably won’t notice if your florist uses the wrong color of roses, or if your caterer substitutes a different appetizer – but your Wedding DJ will be the center of attention and guiding the reception. If he doesn’t entertain your guests, they’ll notice.
You only have one chance to make your wedding memories and they’ll be with you for the rest of your life. We want you to know that we take our part of your Special Day very seriously.
How to Choose a Wedding DJ
Here are some things to look for when evaluating DJs for weddings:
- First Impressions. If your Wedding DJ doesn’t make a good first impression when you meet him or talk on the phone, perhaps you should continue looking.
- Online Reviews.
- DJ Reviews on sites like Yelp, Wedding Wire, The Knot, etc are usually genuine. Look at both quality and quantity.
- Awards. Sites like Wedding Wire and The Knot give awards out every year to vendors – usually based on input from other couples.
- Other Wedding Services. While you’re exploring your choices for venues, photographers, caterers and more, look for links to other vendors. Like us, these companies only add vendors they trust.
- Reliability. Most of the DJs in the Valley are reputable, but there are some bad apples. Citron Sound Services DJs are the most popular DJs in Arizona and have entertained for over 25,000 events since 1976. Don’t take a chance.
- Written Contracts. A written contract points out this is a real business, not just a hobby. You should get a contract with these things spelled out:
- Your wedding date, times and your specific Wedding DJ’s name.
- Price and payment terms which will include due dates, specific performance times, and a stated price for overtime.
- Requirements for the DJ, such as shelter, power and a table for equipment.
- Cancellation policy.
- Local! There are national companies that hire local DJs for weddings who have less experience and offer lower quality performances. A slick website, brochure, and an 800 number with a high pressure salesperson are signs of one of these operations. Check for a local Phoenix area phone number and mentions of local venues and services on their site and in their brochures.
One More Thing about DJs for Weddings
You should also choose your Wedding DJ based on how well their personality fits with your event. Your Wedding DJ should be someone who gels with you and your guests and is able to make everyone feel comfortable. Choosing the right DJ can make all the difference for your special occasion!
Book a Wedding DJ Now
Our DJs are heavily in demand so it’s best to book your event as early as possible. To find out if we can be at your event, please fill out the DJ request form now. If you have any questions, use the form at the right, or call us at 480-966-2929.
DJ Reviews for Citron Sound Services DJs:
– hkoser at The Knot